MY EVENING SKINCARE ROUTINE // SUMMER 2017

Wednesday, July 19, 2017


With good skincare, comes great responsibility. Sorry, I just saw the new Spiderman movie, so I had to take advantage of the opportunity to talk about it because it was so good! But honestly, though skincare may not come with great responsibility, it does come with a lot of great benefits!

As a makeup enthusiast, I like to use different makeup products every day, however as a skincare lover, I recently found that I like to use the same products until I completely use them up. I do this because I want to get the most out of the product. Having a good nightly skincare routine gives your skin hours to rejuvenate before the next morning, when you apply your makeup and take on the day.

Today, I will be showing you what I do to prep my skin for bed after I wash my face, so let's get into the routine!



After cleansing, I like to saturate my skin in oil. I mix these two because I feel they work better together than they do alone.

Farsali, Rose Gold Elixir = $35.00
After seeing this all over Instagram, I had to pick it up. Funny enough, I have really oily skin and I wasn't keen on the idea of adding an oil to my foundation, so I added it to my skincare! The smell of this is amazing, and it leaves my skin glowing for the next day.

Peter Thomas Roth, Professional 3% Retinoid Plus = $82.00
I have been trying to finish this up, and made a promise to myself that I can't repurchase Sunday Riley Good Genes until this is gone. This is a very nice product, that helps diminish the texture on my cheeks. I just much prefer Good Genes.


Next, I lock in the oils with a layer of light moisturizer.

Tatcha, The Water Cream = $68.00
I am head over heals for this moisturizer. It's lightweight and oil-free, giving my skin just the right amount of hydration.


My next step is to hydrate my under eye area!

Shiseido, Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream = $57.00
This is a thicker eye cream, and I love how soft it makes my under eye area feel. It's luxurious, and I just love the sleek packaging!


Next, I moisturize my lips!

Jack Black, Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 = $7.50
This is one of those products that you see at Sephora, and you wonder why it's there because it's so inexpensive! You can see how well loved it is because it's such a good lip balm, and you can't go wrong with the SPF!


After the lips, I add lash serum to my lashes. I don't do this directly after applying eye cream because I want to give the eye cream time to sink into my skin.

No7, Fanominal Lash Serum = $9.99
My friend recommended that I try this out, so I did, and boy, did she find a keeper! I can't believe this is only around 10 dollars, when I have used higher end serums that give me less results.


Next, I like to seal everything in with a facial spray because I feel like it just adds a nice veil to all of the previous products. I rotate between these two!

Caudalie, Grape Water = $10.00
I have had this forever, so I am hoping to use it up soon! I like how refreshing and cool this mist is, but other than that, I'm not sure if it actually does anything for the skin.

First Aid Beauty, Vitamin Hydrating Mist = $16.00 
This is definitely my favorite of the two. The smell is awesome and I strongly believe that it provides my skin with the vitamins inside, as it claims.

And as the final step to my skincare routine, I go to sleep. I think we often forget how important sleep is to our skin and health. Getting a good night of sleep provides so many benefits!

My skincare routine is something that works for me. I am not a dermatologist or an esthetician, but I found that having a consistent routine is what works best for my skin.

Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful!

- Christina


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs