MAY 2017 EMPTIES // MINI REVIEW & WILL I REPURCHASE?

Wednesday, May 17, 2017


I think I may have waited way too long for an empties post, so prepare for a long one, friends! Using up products allows me to thoroughly analyze how I feel about them, helping me provide reviews for you!

Beauty junkies can't easily get involved in the industry culture of only focusing on the new products. I often find myself falling for this, however I am doing my best to be more mindful of what I purchase, and using up what I have before they expire.

I am quite proud of all these empties, so let's get in to this big box of trash!


Dove, Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Wash in 'Sweet Cream with Peony' = $5.49
I love Dove body wash! I just find it so relaxing and moisturizing to the skin, plus the scents are to die for! My favorites scent was the pistachio one, however I believed they replaced it with this scent. Though it's not the same, the scent is still very pleasant. I will definitely repurchase!


Caress, Evenly Gorgeous Exfoliating Body Wash in 'Burnt Brown Sugar & Karite Butter' = $3.97
I have seen a lot of beauty vloggers talk about this product in their empties, and they rave about it. Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice exfoliating body wash, however it was just good- not excellent. I felt the scent of the product to be annoyingly artificial if that makes sense. My boyfriend was quite fond of it though! I don't think I will repurchase.


Glamglow, Supercleanse Daily Cleaning Cleanser = $39.00
I felt like this took forever to use up! I was honestly starting to resent it a little bit! I much prefer the white Glamglow mask in comparison to this. This cleansed my skin nicely, and let my skin silky smooth, however it was nothing to write home about. I will not be repurchasing.


Philosophy, Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser = $38.00
Love this cleanser! It's so gentle at removing my makeup and cleansing my skin. There is still some product in the bottle, however the smell is off, making me believe it has expired before using it up. I have purchased it multiple times before, but before I purchase a new one, I want to use up some of the other ones I have. I will eventually repurchase.


Pixi, Glow Mud Mask = $22.00
I really enjoyed this mask. It went on smoothly, smelt great, and made my skin feel awesome. Toward the end of the tube, I started to notice that the product would get stuck in my pores which was really interesting. The product was hard to remove from my pores. I don't think I will repurchase for that reason.


Pixi, Glow Tonic = $15.00
This is my all time favorite toner. I just can't begin to describe the wonders it does for my skin! It calms it and helps prevent my breakouts. If you haven't tried this baby out yet, I highly recommend it! I will most definitely repurchase.


Jurlique, Rosewater Balancing Mist = $35.00
Another product that felt like forever to use up, probably because I rarely used it and had to force myself to. That should give you a good idea on my thoughts. I felt like this did nothing for my skin. Just seemed to be water that was heavily scented with rose. I will not repurchase.


Christina Aguilera, By Night Perfume = $35.00
This is an awesome perfume! This is my second bottle and plan on always repurchasing! It reminds me of being 17 again! I bought this at Kohl's, but I'm not sure if they sell it there anymore. I will repurchase.


Derma E, Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask = $19.50
For some reason, I feel like I paid $26.00 for this mask, so maybe it decreased in cost since then. The price isn't my favorite, however I love how quick it dries! It's a great 5 minute mask that does the job detoxifying my skin. I will eventually repurchase.


Philosophy, Take a Deep Breath Oxygenating Gel Eye Cream = $42.00
I liked the packing of this, which allowed me to disperse the product on my fingertips as opposed to dipping my fingers in a jar. The formula is very light-weight, but I couldn't help but feel that it didn't do anything for me. Yes, it moisturized well, however I didn't see anything other than that. I will not repurchase.


Chanel, Perfection Lumiere Velvet = $50.00
There was so much buzz around Chanel's Aqua foundation back in the day, however as an oily skinned teen at the time, I knew it wouldn't work for me. This is a beautiful alternative recommended to me by the woman at the Chanel counter. It's lightweight with a natural finish. I have a few other foundations on my list to try, but I would like to think that I will eventually repurchase.


Garnier Whole Blends, Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts Hydrating Mask = $5.49
I really enjoyed how this smelled because it reminds me of being on a tropical beach! Being that I love trying out new hair masks, I'm not sure if I will repurchase due to the fact that it was just okay, and I much prefer other ones I have used.


Sunday Riley, Good Genes = $105.00
When I think of skincare, Sunday Riley's Good Genes is the first thing that comes to mind. I say this because it has to be my #1 skincare product. All of the hype is real! When I was using this, my skin was the softest and most radiant it has ever been, which in turn made my makeup look awesome. I was truly amazed how it diminished the texture on my face.The price is hefty, but once I save some money and finish a few of my other serums, I will be repurchasing and I can't wait! This size is from one of their holiday kits.


Neutrogena, Makeup Remover Cleansing Towlettes in 'Fragrance-Free' = $4.99
Though these are not my holy grail wipes, they are my go-to for when I am in desperate need of some. I can always rely on any Neutrogena wipe to effectively remove my makeup without irritating my skin! The fragrance-free kind are no exception, though I didn't really notice a difference between these and the original ones. I will repurchase.


Tony Moly, Pureness 100 Mask Sheets in 'Green Tea' and 'Red Ginseng' = $4.00
I don't see the effectiveness of sheet masks, however I like them for relaxing and pampering. I also like trying new ones and I have learned that I much prefer gel type masks, so I will not repurchase.


I bought this because this was a collab with my good friend Katie, @kbmakepbug, and I wanted to support her! The smell is to die for and I enjoyed using it to cleanse my brushes and sponges! It has since been discontinued, but I have purchased some other scents since, so yes, I will keep repurchasing!


I grab these deluxe samples any chance I get since the regular size is so expensive. I just love this mask! It helps my hormonal breakouts when my Aunt Dot is in town like no other. I sometimes for spot treatments and sometimes do a full mask. I will always use this mask!


Mario Badescu, Drying Lotion = $17.00
Another product that is perfect for me during that time of the month. I have repurchased several of these and I am never disappointed. I even got my siblings hooked on it, so that's how you know it's good! I apply before bed, and my blemish is significantly smaller in the morning. My only complaint is that this dries out too quickly for my liking, even when the lid is sealed. I will always repurchase.


Fresh, Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy = $36.00
This was another product that took forever to use! It was a good product, however I felt that my other, less expensive lip treatments were doing more for me. I will not repurchase.


Farmacy, Skin Dew Hydrating Essence Mist & Setting Spray = $44.00 for Full Size
I got this deluxe sample in one of my Sephora Play boxes, and I instantly fell in love! This spray was so refreshing, smelt good, and I felt it truly made my makeup last longer, which is a plus in my book! I will eventually repurchase!

And that's a wrap! If you have made it this far, I want to thank you for reading my short novel! I hope this was useful to you somehow! If you need any further information on a product, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Have a wonderful day!

- Christina
@cosmeticsbychristina

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs