MY MORNING SKINCARE ROUTINE // FALL 2016

Wednesday, November 16, 2016


The other morning as I was waking up to get ready to head to class, mind you it's a 40 minute commute, I was internally cursing to myself about how tired I was, but what else is new. This usually happens every morning, and surprisingly, I consider myself to be a morning person. Scary, right? This day was different though, because I noticed that I immediately always feel more awake after I have washed my face, brushed my teeth, and have done my skincare. After having this revelation and staring at my eye cream for 3 minutes, I thought that my morning skincare routine would be a good topic for my next blog post, so here we are.

Skincare not only makes you look good, but it also makes you feel good in my opinion. I love the feeling of a clean face, however my opinion might be different if I'm super tired and am too lazy to wash it. I don't think I'm the only guilty one here, am I right? But skincare is super super super important! I can't stress it enough. Not only it will help with the look of your skin, but it also can help slow down the anti-aging process.

If you don'y have a skincare routine, I highly recommend you start one. It will take trial and error to find what works for you, but this is where I come in. I hope showing you what I use gives you some solid skincare inspiration.

Now, let's move on to the routine!

I will start off by telling you a little bit about my skin. It's a hot mess. I would label the monstrosity as oily/acne prone/with some occasional dry patches. It's so weird, and I have noticed that my water intake, what foods I eat, what the weather is like, and Aunt Flow all play a part on how my skin is for the day. At this point in time, my skin is pretty acne prone. The breakouts are mostly on my chin, so that means they are hormonal. Yay for being a girl..


I have a few face washes in rotation, and there is no rhyme or reason to choosing which one to use each morning, because I'm just crazy.

Philosophy, Purity Made Simple = $36.00
I can't even tell you how many times I have repurchased this. It's always in my routine because I feel like it does an awesome job at waking up my skin. It doesn't beak me out, and is super gentle.

First Aid Beauty, Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay = $24.00
This facial cleanser is just okay. I don't really notice any skin improving results with this, but it does the job. I am just excited about almost finishing it up.

Tarte, Frxxxtion Stick Exfoliating Cleanser = $22.00
To say I'm obsessed is an understatement. This is a genius product. Way to go, Tarte! You can use it as a mask, cleanser, or exfoliant. It's a 3 in 1 product that is oh so worth it! The exfoliator beads are super tiny, so it won't disrupt or tare your skin.


I love using toners. I really feel like it's a necessary step to calming my skin, especially when it has a few blemishes. If you don't have a toner in your routine, I recommend you try one of these!

Pixi, Glow Tonic = $15
The hype is real, my friends. If you're looking for liquid gold for your skin, look no further, because this is it. This is my 5th bottle of this beauty! My skin definitely changes for the worse when I am not using it. I will always repurchase this.

Lush, Tea Tree Water = $10.95
I just love the smell of this! It's my second time purchasing this, and it's great for my acne proneness. I never really hear anyone talking about this, and I don't know why, because it's great!


Even though I have oily skin, hydration is a must! Using a moisturizer has actually decreased the oil production in my skin. You'll notice that I am quite fond of the gel-like formulas.

Clinique, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
This is my go to, and has been in my skincare routine for about 3 years now. I swear by this for keeping my skin supple and moisturized. As mentioned before, I have oily skin, and this works like a dream! It's not thick, but it's cooling and lightweight. I got my siblings hooked on this too.

Pixi, Hydrating Milky Mist
I just purchased this, and I have been really liking it. I add this on top of the Clinique moisturizer on a regular basis. The mist is super fine, which I appreciate it. I know Gigi swears by this, so she persuaded me to pick this up, and I suggest you do too!

Tatcha, Pore Perfecting Water Gel
I do like this moisturizer. Would I repurchase? Probably not, because it is quite pricey! I only use this for special occasions, when I really want to prep my skin for a long day of makeup.


Let's talk about eye cream! I have never actually repurchased an eye cream. This is a product where I am continuously seeking "the one".

Philosophy, Take a Deep Breath Eye, 
This is my current eye cream. This one is really lightweight and moisturizing, but I am not seeing any long term results.


Let's talk about them lips, girl! There is nothing better than slapping on a good lip balm!

Tarte, Lip Facial Lip Scrub = $16.00
I like this, but I just like it. I would love it if the product was more stiff. Once you apply to your lips, the product just kind of goes on your lips rather than going against them to exfoliate. I hope that makes sense. You need to use your finger to rub the product against your lips to exfoliate.

Pixi, Nourishing Lip Polish = $12.00
This is a super cool product. The applicator is the exfoliator, and the product is a lip balm. Combined, the two work together to leave you with perfectly plush lips.

Vaseline, Lip Therapy in 'Cocoa Butter' = $1.79
6 words. You need this in your life.

Well that wrapped up my morning skincare routine. I hope this was helpful to you in some way. If not, I hope you enjoyed reading it! As a beauty junkie, I love dappling into new products, so I'm curious to know what's in your current skincare routine? Anything I should try? Please let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading!

- Christina

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs