MY 2017 BEAUTY FAVORITES // PRODUCTS I REACH FOR THE MOST + 2018 SPENDING PLANS

Monday, January 15, 2018


Happy 2018 my fabulous friends! What better way to start the year, than with a blog post all about my beauty favorites of 2017! I should really say "better way to continue the year", because we are  half way through January.. Lol. When I say "favorites", I don't mean my "holy grail" items that I have repurchased many times. For this blog post, I will be sharing my favorites of the products I discovered in 2017, which were the products I reached for the most! We all know how overwhelming my makeup collection is, so this is saying a lot!

Let's jump right in!



This is the best lip pencil! So much so that mine disappeared, and I couldn't survive without it, so I bought it again! I just love everything it has to offer! The shade is my perfect pink nude, the packaging is gorgeous, and the formula is between being really dry and really creamy- Right in the middle, so it's just perfect! There have been multiple occasions where I have just worn this as my lip color, and put some type of balm on top. I just adore it.


I discovered this baby back in June when I was searching for the perfect lip color to wear for to friend's wedding. I was a bridesmaid, and our dresses were a watermelon color, so I needed something neutral that was also complimentary to the dress. I was browsing Ulta, came across this, and haven't looked back. I always reach for it for it because it's so beautiful and convenient! I actually lost it on the day of the wedding, and I went back and repurchased almost a week later! This shade is also very promising for many different skin tones. During the summer, I was very tan and it looked amazing, now that I am back to my fair-light skin-tone, it still looks great!

I have raved about this multiple times on my blog, and I am so obsessed with what this does for my skin. I currently have another bottle to open, but I have to use up another product prior to digging in to it, but let me tell you, my skin is missing it!

As an oily skinned gal, I never thought this water formulated foundation would be for me. I loved everything else from the Rainforest of the Sea line, so I bit the bullet, and picked this up due to many recommendations I saw.. This has become my most used foundation. I reach for it multiple times a week and love the natural, hydrated finish it gives my skin, without making me oily!

When I first saw this on Tiffany from @she.so.different's Instagram story, I knew I needed it and actually purchased it the next day.. #makeupaddictproblems.. The shade appears much darker than it swatches in my opinion, and leaves you with a beautiful sun-kissed glow! I have not stopped reaching for this since I purchased it, and it definitely deserves more attention within the beauty community!


The price tag of this is super hefty.. Especially for four shadows.. I do have to say I think the cost of this is ridiculous, but I just can't hold that against this palette because I love it so much! I got this as a Christmas gift in 2016 and I wore it on on the first day of 2017, and instantly fell in love. I just love the satin formula of the shadows. It gives a subtle glimmer to the eyes, making them pop, and helping you achieve a sultry look with little to no effort!


I'm sure you're not surprised to see Shape Tape in another favorites, because it's all over. This concealer is truly awesome and to be honest I didn't get the hype at first, however after I stopped using it, I missed the formula and the freaking gigantic applicator! It blends like a dream and doesn't crease! Side note: I am also quite curious in the new Shape Tape foundation that are releasing, but pretty disappointed in the shade range, but that's a conversation for a different day!

And that's it! As you may have noticed, most of these items are higher end. For some reason, I feel like I neglected drugstore products for the majority of 2017. I am going to make an effort to be more drugstore conscious!

My plan for 2018 is to spend less on new makeup and enjoy the products I already own. I want to invest the money that I would normally spend on beauty items to other things, such a purchasing a house and traveling. If you would like to hear more about my plan, please let me know because I would love to make a post about it from a Makeup Rehab standpoint!

If you have any questions or thoughts regarding the mentioned products, or anything really, please leave a comment below!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs