SEPHORA VIB ROUGE & VIB 20% OFF SALE // WHAT I DIDN'T BUY

Sunday, November 19, 2017


Hello friends! The Sephora VIB sale came and went so quickly, which means the holidays are quickly approaching, and I couldn't be more thrilled! During the sale, I placed one online order, and then went in the store twice.. #makeupjunkieproblems. For weeks before the sale and even during, I was constantly adding and removing things to my cart, as I'm sure most of you were too! Yesterday, I saw this blog post by the lovey Denise at classiclove1 and I was inspired by it to write one of my own! So here we go folks.. Here's what I wanted to buy during the sale, but didn't!

If I have something on my wishlist from Sephora, I add it to my "Loves" list. These babies stayed in the list because I never hit that lovely "Add to Basket" during the sale, nor did I pick them up in store, and here's why!
I adore toners and I was introduced to this baby by Gigi from beatfacefridayy. She has raved about it! I was about to purchase it, but then I saw it was made for dry skin and was became hesitant because as mentioned in my previous posts, I am an oily skinned gal. I saw that the brand had many other toners, but I had no desire to purchase those because they didn't come with Gigi's recommendation. I became a little overwhelmed and decided to use up the three toners I have, before investing in a new one!

Huda Beauty, Eyeshadow Palette - Rose Gold Edition = $65.00
This palette is beyond gorgeous and was a huge hit this year, but I really analyzed if this was something I was going to use since I am trying to be more mindful of my purchases, after I went ham on buying things the first day of the sale, of course! In reality, I would probably only use about 4 shades in this palette: Shy, Bae, Moon Dust, and Suede. I also just bought the Desert Dusk palette and feels it sits me much more and many of the shades are alike between both palettes, so hence why this is a pass!

Giorgio Amani Beauty, Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation = $64.00
I have heard many amazing reviews of this foundation and knew it was right up my alley! As I was about to purchase, I was eyeing my foundation drawer which is already filled to the top, so I decided I didn't need it until I finish a few of my other foundations! Another factor to my descsion wsa that


Slip, Silk Pillowcase - King = $99.99
I'm the kind of girl who can easily blow $100 on a makeup palette, but can't seem to spend that much on anything else, which is why it was hard for me to spend $100 on a freaking pillowcase, but don't get me wrong, I still want it!Why is this sold at Sephora you ask? Well, if you didn't know, silk pillowcases are "natural, hypoallergenic, dust mite-resistant, and allows skin to breathe, unlike synthetic satin (polyester) which sweats, essentially negating the benefits. It does not contain toxic dyes and is recommended by dermatologists, plastic surgeons, hairdressers, and beauty experts. Cotton is very absorbent. It can hold up to 27 times its own weight in water and it draws moisture away from your skin and hair. When you sleep on silk, delicate facial skin is more hydrated in the morning and hair becomes healthier over time. Cotton pillowcases also cause sleep creases, which go away later that day but can cause fine lines and wrinkles over time" as stated on the Sephora website. I will eventually purchase, but just not right now!

Sharing what you didn't buy offers a different perspective on consumerism, and it's often a nice change to people telling you "you need this in your life". I thoroughly enjoyed writing this and would love to hear what you didn't buy during the sale!

As always, thank you so much for reading!

- Christina

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs