JANUARY 2018 EMPTIES // MINI REVIEW + WILL I REPURCHASE?

Wednesday, January 31, 2018


Well friends, it's that time again! Another empties post from little ole me! I have been really trying to use up products before purchasing like items, and I feel like I am making decent progress! In fact, I haven't bought any beauty related items at all since the New Year and I really haven't needed any because well.. I am a beauty addict and am fully stocked- which is embarrassing, yet helpful!

So let's hop right in!

If you have been keeping up with my empties series, you know how much I live for the Dove Body Washes! This scent was new to me and I really enjoyed it! To me, it's great for the warmer months because of how energizing the pear note in this is! I love it! I will definitely repurchase once it gets warmer out!


I bought this on a whim at the Ulta checkout lane (I wasn't able to find Honest Beauty skincare products on their website, so I only think they now carry their hair-care line) because I loved the simplistic packaging, it was only $8.00, and because I have no self control, but it allowed me to introduce myself to the brand, so I can't complain that much! Let me tell you, it was a great introduction! I kept this in the shower at my boyfriend's house and loved cleansing my face with it. The scent is a very fresh and zesty citrus smell and it became one of those products I looked forward to opening up because the smell was divine! I love that the ingredients of this product are those I can pronounce, so I do feel good about putting in on my face! I will definitely repurchase sometime in the future!


This was one of the first drugstore makeup setting sprays on the market and I just needed to test it out. My thoughts? I felt like this didn't do anything at all. It was just a refreshing mist to spray on my face after my makeup, which was nice, don't get me wrong, but as far as the longevity of my makeup- this did nothing. I will not be repurchasing, especially at that price tag! I would recommend a travel size of the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray instead!


My thoughts on these wipes are similar to the Olay Fresh Effects Wipes, which you'll read about shortly. The packaging fell short, which caused a little bit of drying to the clothes. These also made my eyes sting when using them to remove my makeup, so that wasn't fun at all. I'm not normally sensitive to wipes, but these stung a lot! I will not be repurchasing!


This is one of the best lip moisturizers I have tried! Not only is super hydrating, it completely heals my lips when I use it! Some other balms only provide temporary healing, while this keeps my lips hydrated for hours at a time and improves the overall condition! I will most definitely be repurchasing, but after I finish up some of my other balms! Also, I could not longer find on the Sephora site, only on Farmacy's site at a discounted price, so I really hope it's not being discontinued.


I am a huge supporter of the Born This Way Foundation, so you know I had to give this a try! I'm someone who enjoys a different array of concealer formulas! Sometimes I'm in the mood for a full-coverage concealer like Tarte's Shape Tape, and other times I am looking a super thin and light coverage concealer like Wet N Wild's Photo Focus Concealer. There really is no method to my madness, it really just depends on my mood and what type of look I am going for. I used the Born This Way Concealer for when I am looking for a creamy and radiant concealer with light to medium coverage! I thoroughly enjoyed using this concealer and was sad to see it go! I will eventually repurchase! I want to finish up some of my other ones first!


I finished this so quickly, but mostly because one day it was on my vanity without the lid properly twisted on and my clumsy ass wailed my arms around and knocked it over, spilling about 1/3 of the contents. Regardless, this was a nice toner and I do think it played part in the clearness of my skin as I normally get breakouts on my chin, but I don't see myself repurchasing anytime soon because I have a stash of toners I need to get through, and other toners I prefer much more!


Bath & Body Works, Winter Candy Apple Shower Gel = $12.50
This took me almost two years to use up. Lol.. I wish I was joking! Over those two years, I came to the conclusion that I do not like shower gels and that I much prefer cream body washes. While I do love the scent of the Winter Candy Apple, I hated using the shower gel because I found it so stripping to my skin! I have dry legs and arms, and this did nothing for it! If they had this scent available in a cream wash with olive oil, like their newer items, I would purchase in a heartbeat, but until then, I will not be repurchasing any shower gels from Bath & Body works!


These were just okay and did the job decently. I did find them to be a little drier than wanted, but I think that had to do with the packaging- the little sticker that always lifts and doesn't cover well. I don't think I would repurchase as there are many other wipes I prefer more.

The total amount of my empties is $113.46! It always feels good to get your money's worth out of a product!

What were your empties this month? Or have any of these items been on your wishlist? Let me know all about it in the comments below!






No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs